Radio Broadcast Engineer/Technician
Tyler Media, Oklahoma’s Media Company, is a locally owned media company who is seeking a Radio Broadcast Engineer/Technician. This person will complement our current Oklahoma City radio engineering staff. The Engineer/Technician will be involved with the installation, maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment market while complying with all FCC technical requirements.
- Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
- Follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
- Installs and performs maintenance on consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Other Duties as Assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Basic Computer literacy in applicable software packages
- Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast equipment to the component level
Education and Licensing Requirements:
- Associates, Technical Degree or Military Training in Electronic Technology or related field, or equivalent level of experience
- RF or experience in AM, FM and TV transmitters is a plus
- SBE Certification is a plus
- May require lifting or moving up to 75 lbs.
- May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops)
- Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components
- Ability to be on 24 x 7 x 365 callout to respond to equipment failures at various locations
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Be able to read and understand schematics, and technical manuals
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
If you feel that you have the qualifications that we are looking for and are ready for a unique challenge then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Tyler Media strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.