The college football season has (finally) opened and we’re all curious, we all have questions.
Here are my five biggest questions for Oklahoma State’s 7 p.m. season opener against defending national champion Florida State at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas:
1. Tyreek “The Freak” Hill: Wow, where do we begin? How fast is this guy? How good is he? Does he have football savvy, or does he outrun his mistakes? How important is he to the offense? Exactly where will he play? How many touches will he get? Can he take the punishment? What is FSU’s plan to contain him? Hopefully we’ll get the answers tonight – all of them.
2. The champs: Exactly how good are the Seminoles? The guess here is they're pretty darn good. Sure, the ACC isn’t the strongest conference, but that’s not Florida State’s fault. FSU is riding a 16-game winning streak because it's good.
3. Linebackers: Hopefully, that the only question will be “Who are they?” Because if we’re asking, “Where are they?” well, that’s trouble.
4. Defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer: His creativity was superb last season, but he had some talent to go with it. How creative can he be with less talent defensively, particularly at linebacker? Will the risk outweigh the reward?
5. Offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich: Though the Cowboys’ offensive numbers were respectable last season, there were some definite growing pains. Being another year wiser should be beneficial. Most important, how will Yurcich utilize “The Freak”?